Homeowners across Ontario are eligible for up to $5,000 of home reno rebates through the Home Efficiency Rebate initiative. Both Enbridge Gas and Union Gas customers are able to claim these rebates, making it more affordable for homeowners to improve their home’s energy efficiency. Rebates are available for customers who improve their home’s: airtightness, insulation, furnace, boiler, doors, windows, and/or skylights.
Two separate energy audits are needed to qualify a homeowner for Home Efficiency Rebates. One before any renovations have begun and one right after all of the renovations are completed. The common way for a homeowner to receive a rebate is as such:
1. We at Canada Green Insulation Inc. will arrange for you to get in touch with a registered energy advisors who can conduct both a pre-renovation energy audit and a post-renovation energy audit.
2. Use the information provided in the energy audit about your home improvement options (the information provided from the energy audit and energy advisor will aid you in choosing the most cost-effective option).
3. Canada Green Insulation Inc. will perform all of your upgrades.
4. Have the energy advisor conduct a post-renovation energy audit to check the performance of the new improvements, and submit all the necessary paperwork.
5. After about 60 to 120 days, check the mail for your rebate cheque.
It is actually quite easy. With an energy audit homeowners receive an in-depth look at how their home is performing, along with a list of suggestions for how it is able to be most cost-effectively improved.
The energy advisor who conducts your assessment will clearly lay out all of your home’s renovation options, including the expected utility bill and energy savings that are specific to each of your home’s possible improvements. They will also rank all of your home’s renovation options in terms of their cost-effectiveness, allowing you to target the areas of your home that can be most significantly improved for the lowest upfront cost..
Through the Home Efficiency Rebate initiative, homeowners receive rebates for making eligible improvements to their home’s level of energy efficiency. This includes making, Attic Insulation upgrade sand Airtightness Improvements. There are other rebates available for Window, Doors, Furnace/Boiler and Water Heaters. Additionally, bonus rebates are available to homeowners who do three or more eligible upgrades.